It’s more than search. It’s sales.
What good is a website if nobody can find it? To get your site in front of prospects, it needs to be visible in search engines. SEMbyotic provides search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) services to businesses looking to increase demand generation and fill their sales funnels.
A customer’s sales journey often starts with a web search. Since your site can’t convert sales if it can’t be found, you need a clear, concise description of what you offer embedded within your site’s SEO efforts; otherwise, prospects move on. Just as you wouldn’t stop selling, your customers won’t stop searching, so think of SEO and SEM as essential to your sales.
SEO has evolved, but keywords still matter.
SEO (also known as natural, earned, or organic search engine rankings) involves achieving higher (non-paid) rankings within search engines like Google and Bing. Your site won’t optimize itself — even if it has built-in SEO — so you must make a deliberate effort to rank in search engines through keywords, title tags, and links pointing to your site (inbound links).
SEO is a noisy, crowded industry, so it’s challenging to know who’s legit and who isn’t. If a company guarantees a page 1 ranking, that should raise a red flag. How can anyone promise placement on a platform whose algorithm is a closely-guarded secret?
Level up with Search Engine Marketing
The terms SEO and SEM are not interchangeable. SEM covers the entire spectrum of search marketing, such as outreach activities, paid search, and non-paid SEO techniques. In the early days, SEO was primarily focused on what could be controlled on your own site, so search marketers did things like stuffing their pages full of keywords. Those who had the most keywords ranked higher, but prospects would click on a search result only to find a page filled with nonsense.
Search engines have since evolved, detecting legitimate content from content written purely to drive organic search rankings. Your site content and inbound links now determine relevance, forcing digital marketers to find ways to earn links back to their own sites through inbound marketing. Since SEO is no longer just about what you do on your own site, the term SEM was born.
The long game: our expert approach to SEO
Unlike other SEO companies, we know a hybrid of non-paid SEO and paid search advertising is the best approach to SEM. We help you rank for terms that give you the best opportunity to reach your target audience.
And here’s why we don’t offer service packages: Each site and situation is unique. Imagine taking the same approach to ranking a detailed phrase like digital marketing san jose versus something broad, such as marketing. The competition for the latter term would be massive because dropping San Jose from the search query opens the site up to national or global competition rather than local. Also, you want to rank for searches attached to prospects seeking services, not a definition of the term marketing. Applying the same packaged approach to both situations wouldn’t be appropriate. Instead, we tailor our SEO services to the needs of our clients. We are located in San Jose, California (Silicon Valley), but work with customers across the globe.
How we help our clients with expert SEO & SEM services:
Your site won’t optimize itself — even if it has built-in SEO — so you must make a deliberate effort if you want to rank in search engines.
- Keyword Research: Choosing the right keywords is the foundation for next steps.
- Onsite SEO: Making sure your site is technically optimized for search engines.
- Strategic SEO: Are you going after the right keywords? Do you have a plan to generate the right kind of content?
- Website Audits: Is your site in good working order for both search engines and humans?
- Competitive Research: What are your competitors doing online?
- Measurement and Analysis: How is your site performing? What should happen next?
- Link Building and Outreach: Are the right sites linking to yours? Are you generating shareable content?
- Paid Search Marketing: Are you buying the right keywords? Is your PPC or paid search advertising optimized to give you the best ROI?
- Social Media Marketing: Are you promoting your content to the right audience? Is it being shared?
- Online Marketing Strategy: Do you know your audience and where they go for information?