What good is a website if nobody can find it? In order to get your website in front of prospects, it needs to be visible in search engines.
SEMbyotic provides search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) services to businesses that are looking to increase demand generation and fill their sales funnels. We are located in San Jose, California but work with customers all over the world.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Depending who you ask, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) may be referred to as the same thing. The term SEO was coined before Search Engine Marketing (SEM) was really a thing, so it stuck. SEO is more typically known as the process of achieving higher organic (non-paid) rankings within search engines (most notably Google and Bing). You’ll also see this referred to as natural or earned search engine rankings. If you want to get technical, we’d say that SEO is a subset of SEM, and that SEM covers the entire spectrum of online search marketing or Internet marketing such as outreach activities, paid search and non-paid search optimization techniques. For many websites, a hybrid approach that includes both non-paid (organic) SEO services and paid PPC services is the best approach.
What is Search Engine Marketing?
There was a day (quite awhile ago now) when the process of SEO was mostly about doing things that you could control on your own website. In those days, search marketers were stuffing their pages full of keywords. Whomever had the most keywords tended to rank higher than others. This led to an era which many pages were filled with nonsense.
Much has changed since those days as search engines have evolved. They’ve gotten better at detecting legitimate content from content written purely to drive search rankings. Today, search engines not only look at the content on your site, but they also look at links pointing to your site to determine where your site “fits” within the big picture. This shift requires that Internet marketers now need to find ways to earn links back to their own sites. Since search engine optimization is no longer just about what you do on your own website, the term Search Engine Marketing (SEM) was born.
The Right Approach to Search Engine Optimization
Our approach to SEM is different from other SEO companies. You won’t see any SEO services packages on our website because every site and every situation is unique. Imagine taking the same approach to ranking a more detailed phrase like “San Jose SEO” versus something more broad, such as “SEO“. There will be much more competition for the latter term because dropping the phrase “San Jose” from the search query opens the site up to global competition rather than local. The level of effort required to rank nationally or globally is much more intensive and we think it’s silly to apply the same packaged approach to both situations. Instead, we tailor our services to the needs of the client, dependent upon their market and what’s already been done. We also provide website maintenance services to keep your site updated while watching out for your search marketing efforts.
Here’s how we help our clients with expert SEO & SEM services:
In order for your audience to find you online, you must make a deliberate effort to rank your website in search engines with SEO.
- Keyword research – Picking the right keywords is the foundation for everything you’ll do next.
- Onsite SEO optimization – Making sure your site is technically optimized for search engines
- Strategic SEO – Are you going after the right keywords? Do you have a plan to generate the right kinds of content?
- Website audits – Is your site in good working order for both search engines and humans?
- Competitive research – What are your competitors doing online?
- Measurement and analysis – How are you doing? What should happen next?
- Link building and outreach – Are the right sites linking to you? Are you generating content that is sharable?
- Paid search marketing – Are you buying the right keywords? Is your PPC or paid search program optimized to get the best ROI?
- Social media – Are you promoting your content to the right audience?
- Internet marketing strategy – Do we know who your audience is and where they go for their information?